Debut edition to feature Emmy Award-winning personality and media magnate, Steve Harvey in an exclusive session that will explore the journey of the master of prime time television.
MBC Group announces the launch of “MBC Hosts” – a series of exclusive talks featuring notable personalities from around the world who have contributed to the shaping of key industries as we know them today. The media world will witness the debut of the platform at Dubai Lynx 2019, with Emmy Award-winning entertainer, radio personality, motivational speaker, New York Times best-selling author and businessman, Steve Harvey appearing on a session with MBC Group TV Director, Ali Jaber.
“MBC Hosts” is a brand new platform tailored to industry experts in key sectors, exposing them to stories about brand-to-consumer connections through television. Each session will run up to 60 minutes, featuring enticing talks that bring those featured personalities closer to stakeholders – revealing the secret recipe behind their empires.
Harvey’s session will tackle various topics relating to the broadcast industry, with a focus on discussing the power of television in delivering quality content.
This year’s theme of Dubai Lynx is ‘Creativity Transforms’, which will discuss and explore proving creative effectiveness; curated brand experiences; driving digital and technological transformation, and the business of creativity. The event runs between 10 to 13 March 2019.
The launch of “MBC Hosts” will take place on 11 March 2019 in Madinat Jumeirah Arena at 11:50 AM, Dubai time.
MBC Group (Middle East Broadcasting Center) is the largest and leading media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment.
In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC 1 in London, in 1991, and as the 1st private free-to-air Arab satellite TV channel, the group moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates, where it remains.
- MBC 1 (general family entertainment)
- MBC 2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies)
- MBC 3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions)
- MBC 4(entertainment for young families with a female-focus)
- MBC Action (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions)
- MBC Variety (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting)
- MBC Drama (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ Drama (a joint pay-TV channel with OSN)
- MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi)
- Al Arabiya (24-hour Arabic language News channel)
- Al Hadath (an extension of Al Arabiya News Channel with a specific focus on developing stories in the Arab world and beyond)
- Wanasah (24-hour Arabic music channel)
- MBC MASR & MASR 2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family)
- MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface)
- MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US)
- MBC Studios (producing the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms
- MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family).
The group also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Mr. Harvey’s entry into comedy was a leap of faith. He was encouraged to perform at an open mic comedy night in 1985. His performance brought down the house, and the next day he quit his job to pursue his dream.
Today, Mr. Harvey is known as the busiest man in Hollywood. But in addition to being an Emmy® Award-winning entertainer, radio personality, motivational speaker, New York Times best-selling author and businessman, he is a dedicated mentor to the celebrities he helped throughout their careers, and an inspiring motivator to his fans.
While his gift is being an entertainer, Mr. Harvey’s true passion is helping people, which led to the establishment of the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, dedicated to helping thousands of underprivileged children receive the tools for success.
Mr. Harvey started Steve Harvey Global in 2017, focused on creating and delivering entertaining and motivational content, products and experiences to their audience around the world. This year, he is also launching VAULT, a learning hub for future leaders, entrepreneurs and corporate visionaries.
Steve and his wife Marjorie Harvey are devoted to each other and to their family of seven children and five grandchildren, Mr. Harvey’s proudest accomplishment.
About Dubai Lynx:
Dubai Lynx is the region’s leading platform for the creative communications industry. Part of the Cannes Lions festivals, Dubai Lynx serves over 19 countries across the Middle East and North Africa, with attendees flying into Dubai from across the region to be inspired by influential global and regional speakers.
Running for over twelve years, the festival is the most important meeting place for the industry. As well as a two-day festival, Dubai Lynx hosts a celebratory black tie awards show, each year highlighting the very best of creativity in the region – with over 18 categories across creative communications awarded. More information can be found at: dubailynx.com.